Granite Countertops are the premium choice for fashionable families, and Carpetland now offers a variety of granite styles and colors. Our beautiful countertops will not only look great in your home, but will also stand up to heat, wear and tear, providing you with a lifetime of use and excellent looks. Granite is synonymous with elegance in both kitchens and baths, and it’s an investment worth making if you value the appearance and worth of your home. Come visit Carpetland and our exclusive Granite Showroom to see exactly what we have in store for you, and to experience the Carpetland USA difference When you think of granite floors, it’s likely that you envision some luxury floor in a fine hotel, museum or mansion. Just because these are, in fact, real uses of this particular flooring material however, it does not mean that it can’t be beautifully incorporated into your own home.
What to Expect When Purchasing New Countertops
When you start a new project in your home there will be many decisions to make, and a certain amount of anxiety is normal. It will help if you are prepared and know what to expect throughout the process. These are a few important points to remember:
- We do not know how long it will take to remove your old tops or install your new ones.
- Since we don’t know how long a job will take, we don’t always know when our template person or installers will arrive at your house. Therefore, we need you to keep the day of template/install open and flexible. We will always try to call ahead to give you our best estimated time of arrival, but we cannot be precise. Traffic is also a consideration. Please rest assured that we are doing our best to get there as quickly as possible.
- It is your responsibility to have everything ready for the template. Cabinets must be installed at the time of template. We will be glad to assist you in finding a sink or faucet. However, it is up to you to make sure that the one you have chosen is on site at the template. The same goes for your range or cooktop. Failure to do so may result in your job being delayed until the next available install date. If sinks are not available at the time of template we do not assume any responsibility if the cutout does not match the sink.
- All decisions will be finalized at the time of template. The template is the final measurement and decision making the opportunity. We will need the customer or responsible representative at the time of template to confirm overall kitchen design and choices picked out at the sale of the job. If all decisions are not finalized at the template, it could result in a delay of fabrication and install.
- There are some conditions that may be unforeseeable until the time of installation. One issue that may occur at the time of tear out is that the cabinets may not be level (we can adjust to account for cabinet gaps up to 1/4″ out of level.) We must be able to install your countertops to our company standards in order to honor our lifetime installation warranty. Our installer will inform you if a cabinet person will need to come and adjust the cabinets, and it may be necessary to reschedule our installation after any cabinet issues are corrected.
- Construction is messy. Customer understands that he/she is undertaking a construction project. A reasonable amount of dust and debris is to be expected. Please take the necessary steps to protect your personal belongings. We suggest that you remove or at least cover all items in your cabinets. Please remove all fragile items from the work area. During the removal of the countertops or backsplash, damage to the drywall is likely to occur. Customer understands that there is the possibility that he/she may have to do a small amount of touch up painting or drywall repair.
- Stone is a natural product. That is what makes it beautiful! Granite being crystalline in structure always has tiny pits – spaces between the various mineral crystals. Some granites pit more than others when being polished, we suggest that you take a closer look at the slab you choose for your job. Chances are, if you look at it across the light you will notice the natural pitting of that stone. Remember, this is natural and it should not be considered an imperfection of the stone. Granite sometimes has natural fissures as well, which may look like cracks, but are not structural defects and are a naturally occurring result of the immense heat and pressure which formed the granite eons ago. These characteristics are part of the natural beauty of stone and will not impair the function or durability of the material. A product of nature cannot be expected to look manmade. Stone may look different in your home than in the showroom or fabrication shop. Stone can have natural characteristics that you may not have seen until it arrives at your house. We encourage you to view our stone before we cut it. We invite you to be as involved in the process as you care to be.
- While we in the natural stone business do not like to talk about it, countertops can crack.Please be assured that we never break pieces on purpose! However, please consider all options carefully if this unfortunate incident occurs. Sometimes, installing and repairing a one-of-a-kind cracked top is a better option than replacing it. Repaired cracks are very unlikely to fail and usually cannot be felt or seen. We will warranty a repaired crack for as long as you own your home.
- We do not move appliances. We cannot take the responsibility of moving appliances from garages, storage buildings, or in the kitchen, or for the disconnection of water, gas or electrical lines. We may assist in the tasks during the removal of old tops, but with the understanding that the customer takes full responsibility for the appliances, flooring, cabinets, walls, mirrors, or anything related resulting from the moving, transportation or removal of the appliance.
- We warranty our installations for life. Please inspect and approve our installation before our installers leave. This is the best time to correct any questions that may arise. Should a problem arise sometime later, we will be glad to repair if possible, most of the time we will do this at no charge to you. Once the install is approved, we will not replace tops.
- Slabsmith Expectations: If a Slabsmith visual layout is requested, we will schedule the layout within few days of the template. The layout must be approved within 24 hours of the date it is viewed to maintain the given install date. Customers are welcome to view the slabs in person when approving their Slabsmith.
- Payment: Customer agrees to pay a 50% deposit when signing the sales quote. Customer agrees to pay remaining balance due at time of install completion.